Saturday, July 6, 2013

Highlights of the Summer So Far!

Midnight UPDATE! I can't believe I forgot this... the kids and I made this dance video and it was probably one of the most fun things we've done this summer! https://www.wevideo.com/hub/#media/ci/88517371


Noon's Post:

I'm not even sure where to begin with this post! I suppose I'll begin with a few pictures of parts of June...

The first weekend in June we had an impromptu barbeque/pool party at our wonderful neighbors' house... we all had a great time!

Slip and Slide Action: 



 
Jean Marie and me: 
 
Trent on the Swing Set: 
 
This kid is the best. He was driving around and as he passed by, saw I had my phone out to take a picture. He stopped the vehicle, smiled, waited until he saw a flash or two, then said "thank you!" and drove away. 
 
Water Balloon Fight! 
 
The look of ultimate fear: 
 
Zipline face! 
 
Alternate zipline exiting strategy: the Devin Dismount. 
 
"Melissa, take a picture like I'm dead, okay?" 


For our two-year anniversary, we spent a day away at the beach in Atlantic City. It was a great getaway and so lovely to just spend time together without having another worry in the world!

 

This is the view from the indoor pool at Bally's -- gorgeous!




 
What a loud shirt for such a quiet and peaceful nap in the sand...

 
 
 
Father's Day was fun, although I sometimes fear I am going to run out of creative ideas for gifts! The kids made some really fantastic works of art at school, plus we had been spending a few weekends putting together a Happy Days book, filled with pictures and descriptions of things they loved about their dad. Then we put together a "Hugs for Dad" shirt (thanks Esther and Dave for all of your help!) that Phil has yet to wear (I think he is afraid random people will think the shirt is a call to action and give him hugs) but liked very much.





Then the car ride back to Mom's after a long weekend... the boys passed out!


 
 
Followed by a trip to Seasons 52 to continue the celebration!




Last Friday night, Christopher went through his entire Easter basket (yes, we're still making out way through those plastic eggs) and handed out various colored candies to everyone based on their favorite -- Dad got all the blues, he put a separate egg aside of purples for Mom, and I got all of the green and pink ones. I can't bring myself to eat them because it was just so adorable/awesome!

 
 
 
We had a pretty fun weekend together in general. Saturday, Phil took Grace to go pick up his new glasses (hooray!) and had a dad-daughter date at Bruster's on the way home. I took the boys to Levi's 7th birthday party and it was a blast!
 






Feeling inspired after a day of fun and the kids being so great, I made a family-fun, deck-worthy dinner of sloppy joe's, broccoli and cheddar cheese sauce, with some strawberries and bananas in chocolate syrup. I explained to the boys that some people call these dinner sandwiches Manwiches, because it's a sandwich for a man, and I have never seen them gobble anything up faster!!!



Then this week, I learned to salsa with Esther and Erica, although it's a shame I didn't have a picture where I'm not blinking.

 
 
 





It's been quite a summer so far and there is much more still to come! Hopefully it won't be another three months before my next blog entry.

Happy pink-and-green-Easter-candy and happy days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio