Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Ultimate Fall Checklist (and Milburn Orchards)

 

With so many wonderful things to do during the fall (my favorite time of year), where do you start? I made my own Fall Checklist, which does not include eating Pumpkin Delights (that's more of a personal to-do item), that I plan to hold myself accountable for and share my experiences when I do.



 
 
So far, I have completed the first item - drink apple cider while eating an apple cider donut. While Phil was away, I went to Milburn Orchards in Elkton, MD, with some friends from Life Community. The weather was wonderful and the company was even better! I took all of the pictures in this post there... gotta love those fall colors!
 
 
There is nothing quite like sitting at a picnic table, sipping on apple cider, and munching on a warm apple cider donut. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
 
We did have a really great time there... and you can check out their website here: http://www.milburnorchards.com/
 
They have apple picking, pumpkin picking, and tons of great food! They also served a pumpkin mushroom soup that I have challenged myself to recreate and will post here when I do - sometime next week.
 

 
This was the cutest trash can I've ever seen.
 
 
 
They had a lot of great pumpkins... and some really great-looking people!
 
 
 
The apple orchard was beautiful and the apples were delicious!
 
 
 
Plus I made a friend :)
 
 
After we got our pumpkins, we were off to carve!
 
 
 
I mean business.
 
 

And the pumpkins came out great! I can check the obligatory "Carve a Pumpkin" off of my unwritten autumn checklist.
 
 
In other news, the apple tree in our driveway has been the most luxurious paradise for every bee in the tri-state area for the last month or two. However, while I am too freaked out to go near it, my dog has no fear. I ended up getting some super cute shots of Doc! (Click to see them larger)
 

 
Happy checklisting and happy days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio